- Create a classification of SANDI+ clients.
- Determine the factors of making purchases offline (not through the platform).
- Describe the user's path in the process of making an order.
- To study the barriers that arise in the process of making purchases through the B2B SANDI+ platform.
- Explore the features of different ways to place an order.
- Describe the criteria for selecting suppliers of products.
- Formulate recommendations for the refinement of the platform's functionality.
The object of the research is SANDI+ customers.
The goal is to characterize the features of the customer interaction experience with the B2B SANDI+ platform.
Research method — in-depth and expert interviews
1) Self-sufficient advanced user
Such a partner is fully ready to master the platform, for which he does not need special support or assistance. Literally immediately after such users found out about the existence of the platform, they gradually (most often independently) mastered it.
2) Dependent advanced user
This type of partner gradually, with some problems and the support of SANDI+ employees, mastered the platform, but during the period of cooperation with SANDI+, he got used to and got used to this format; usually the owner / manager himself works on the platform, without involving other employees. Dependent advanced users have enough skills to boldly and actively use the platform in its established version. Such partners try to carry out maximum operations independently through the platform, but situations of forced telephone or live consultation with employees periodically develop in order to clarify information of various types (how to minimize such situations - in the following sections).
3) Self-sufficient limited user
Partners of this type have partially mastered the platform, but due to their habitual and convenient manner, as well as limited skills in using a PC and smartphone, they (for now) exclude its full use.
4) Dependent Restricted User
This type of partner also uses separate functions of the platform (mainly related to the assortment, as an analogue of a catalog, directory or online showcase), but it supports close communication over the phone with SANDY+. The platform is mastered with great difficulty due to reasons similar to those of an independent limited user. However, one more thing is added: cooperation with SANDI+ creates too comfortable conditions for them, which deprive them of any need for changes. Such partners become attached to their representative not only at the level of habit, but also at the emotional, human level, regular communication with the guest agent is pleasant and important for them. The other side is an acute need for attention from employees (not only specific, but also impersonal – consultants on the phone). Such partners need constant contact and live/telephone service, which will emphasize their importance to the supplier, on the one hand, and complement business relationships with personal ones, on the other.
5) A partner who does not use the platform
This type of client is extremely conditional, since it includes many private reasons and factors of rejection of the platform. It is quite difficult to distinguish the general characteristics of this type of client, but there are certain patterns. The main reason for refusing to work with the platform is the lack of preliminary detailed consultation on the part of the manager, which at one time did not happen for various reasons (during the appearance of the platform) or was insufficiently qualitative and persistent. The absence of such a breakthrough at the initial stage determined the fate of the client: inertia, unwillingness to learn new knowledge and master new skills, led to the fact that this type of client completely abandoned the platform as an unsuitable way for him to interact with SANDI+.
As in the case of a dependent limited user, a partner who does not use the B2B platform often becomes emotionally attached to his own sales representative and, in general, has no motivation to switch to the platform.
- Regularity of purchases: planned purchases of medium and large volume or small purchases for a specific solution / specific order.
- Urgency of procurement: the need for prompt delivery due to the fact that the purchase is for a specific / specific customer or purchases for the purpose of replenishment of stocks that do not require prompt delivery.
- The method of making purchases: through an online platform or through various forms of offline communication (as a rule, contact with the manager in person or by phone).